[uClibc]Re: Awk poetry ;) [was: awk replacement for initfini.pl]

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Tue Oct 15 13:02:40 UTC 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 08:53:19PM +0800, Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. wrote:
> mawk is best. and it works in a standalone uclibc system.

Yeah, mawk is what I use too.  It doesn't have quite as many features as
gawk, but it's wicked fast (I use it for things like analyzing files that are
100s of megabytes in size), and it implements all the most important things.

Not sure if it's really being maintained anymore, though; my man page (on
debian, which generally keeps up-to-date) is dated 1994...

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.