[uClibc]enabling malloc `uClinux broken munmap' code

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Tue Oct 15 12:55:21 UTC 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 05:37:57AM -0700, Marshall M. Midden wrote:
> I love that
> malloc on "arm" report just moments ago.  It must be an nommu system!

It's hard to say; he said he was running linux 2.4.18, and there is no
uClinux 2.4.18 (they skipped from 2.4.17 directly to 2.4.19), so it might be
just normal linux.

> (One symptom is to overwrite random memory -- most of the time low memory.)

Symptom of what?  Do you mean because programs don't catch a NULL return from
malloc?

> Last thing ... when did you say pthreads would work?  Holiday's present?

Malloc should work with pthreads now; I fixed the locking today (but because
I don't have a pthreads-capable system, I can't test it).

Cheers,

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.