[uClibc]first time user

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Oct 15 08:19:05 UTC 2002

Hi, I've installed the toolchain (modifying the Makefile so it has been
installed in /opt/toolchain etc) and now I should use this "great"
library to statically compile few programs I need on a little linux floppy.

however I have few problems that I managed to solve with tricks and
perhaps luck; so I want to ask the correct way, if there is one, to
compile (statically) with the gcc 3.2 toolchain, installed on a redhat 7.2.

For example I can't manage to compile pppd; it keeps saying it can't
find library dl. I've set CC=/opt/toolchain/i386-linux/bin/gcc and
LDFLAGS=-static

bye and thank you!

as