[uClibc]Re: enabling malloc `uClinux broken munmap' code

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Tue Oct 15 07:55:08 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> writes:
> I know that Marshall Midden @brecis.com will probably complain,
> since they have built an MMU-less but not uClinux, linux system

Actually, he's the one who originally reported this bug with uClinux, so
he must be running uClinux (though maybe he also runs something else).

Anyway, since he doesn't seem shy about complaining, I'll just check it
in, and see what happens.  This new code won't hurt a system with a
properly functioning munmap, just add a bit of bloat to malloc.

[Efficiency-wise (due to the added constraints on unmapping memory),
it seems to sometimes hurt, sometimes help, so I view it as a wash.]

-Miles