[uClibc]awk replacement for initfini.pl

Michaël Tousignant evanidus at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 13 03:19:55 UTC 2002

"Rogelio M. Serrano Jr." <rogelio at evoworks.evoserve.com> wrote:

> transmeta's midori. when i try to compile uclibc-0.9.15, the build fails
> when it tries to run initfini.pl. i dont want to install perl on my
> system, so my only option is to rewrite it using awk.

I often thought of rewritting it but never had the time. Would be somewhat
useful because a while ago I made a "hint" to compile uClibc a bit like glibc
is in www.linuxfromscratch.org. Aka in chroot where a limited set of static
tools are avaible. This book doesn't include perl in the static tools but
includes a awk interpreter. (Perl is only compiled later using the shared
glibc libraries)

So in the hint, for now I'm forced to tell people to compile a static perl
to build uClibc and later, recompile perl against shared uClibc.

Annoying ;)

Just wanted to give my thoughts on the subject.

-Evan