[uClibc]awk replacement for initfini.pl

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Oct 12 17:18:39 UTC 2002

On Sat Oct 12, 2002 at 10:33:52PM +0800, Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. wrote:

> I just successfuly built gcc-3.2 on a uclibc only system derived from
> transmeta's midori. when i try to compile uclibc-0.9.15, the build fails
> when it tries to run initfini.pl. i dont want to install perl on my
> system, so my only option is to rewrite it using awk.

ok, go for it.

> what does it do? I dont understand perl.

I don't understand awk.  :) During the uClibc compile, we compile
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/initfini.c into arch specific asm code
(initfini.s).  We then use initfini.pl to split that file into
two arch specific asm files (crti.S and crtn.S), which are used
to setup constructors and destructors.

> is it also a good idea to try to make msh bash compatible? it segfaults
> now when i try to run gcc's configure script.

msh should not segfault, but it also is not suitable for running
configure scripts.  Autoconf configure scripts require bash.