[uClibc]Re: new "malloc" directory ...

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Thu Oct 10 01:59:05 UTC 2002

I've added code to malloc to handle uClinux's broken munmap.

It's currently not enabled by default -- I'm not sure the best way to do
this (a Config file option?) -- but you can test it by checking out the
current CVS version of uClibc, adding something like:

   CFLAGS += -D__UCLIBC_UCLINUX_BROKEN_MUNMAP__

to libc/stdlib/malloc/Makefile, and recompiling (obviously, remove all
the malloc .o files first).

It will add a small amount of bloat, about 15% on my system, but I guess
it's worth it to have things work correctly...

Also, the locking currently isn't correct, so it may deadlock if you
have __UCLIBC_HAS_THREADS__ enabled (tell me if you do, and I'll try to
be a bit quicker about fixing that).

I'd appreciate it if you could test this change and verify that it
solves your problem.

Thanks,

-Miles
--