[uClibc]FOLLOWUP: missing stdarg.h stddef.h, etc.

Tobias Anderberg tobias.anderberg at axis.com
Mon Oct 7 12:31:38 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Oct 04, 2002 at 06:15:30AM -0700, Todd Sundsted wrote:
> > This is a followup to my last post.  I appears that in uClibc v 0.9.11 there
> > was a line like:
> >
> > GCCINCDIR = ${shell $(CC) -print-search-dirs | sed -ne "s/install:
> > \(.*\)/\1include/gp"}
> >
> > In later versions, this disappeared.
>
> The idea here is to allow gcc to include the gcc include files.
> In newer versions of uClibc this expression has been replaced
> with "-iwithprefix include" in CFLAGS, which should do exactly
> the same thing, and eliminates the need for calling the shell and
> sed.  What compiler are you using?  Can you check that "-nostdinc
> -iwithprefix include" works as expected?

This probably won't work, depending on compiler version. The -nostdinc
options removes the paths from the search list and thus there's no place
to append "include" to form a valid include path, so to speak.

The GCCINCDIR variable would probably be a better solution, atleast it's
more portable across compiler versions. I think..

--
tobias