[uClibc]FOLLOWUP: missing stdarg.h stddef.h, etc.

Todd Sundsted toddx503 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 13:15:30 UTC 2002

This is a followup to my last post.  I appears that in uClibc v 0.9.11 there
was a line like:

GCCINCDIR = ${shell $(CC) -print-search-dirs | sed -ne "s/install:
\(.*\)/\1include/gp"}

in the Rules.mak.  This line located the compiler specific include files
(in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/include on my box, for example)
and added them to the CFLAGS:

CFLAGS=$(WARNINGS) $(OPTIMIZATION) -fno-builtin -nostdinc $(CPUFLAGS)
-nostdinc -I$(TOPDIR)include -I$(GCCINCDIR) -I. -D_LIBC $(ARCH_CFLAGS)

In later versions, this disappeared.

What is the correct way to build uClibc?  Is the supplied toolchain the only
supported approach?  As near as I can figure, there's no way to build uClibc
on my box (Redhat 7.3) by following the instructions in INSTALL.

Thanks again for any insight anyone has into this problem.

Todd