[uClibc]Password Blues Again...

Uwe Beutin uwe at imbrium.de
Fri Oct 4 11:17:50 UTC 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Brian wrote:

> Does it work?
> : -)

Well, I simply used the newest uClinux-dist-20020927 and yes, now it
works. I was planning to do this, anyway :)

> 1.  Enable 'passwd' in Sash, compile and boot up
> 2.  We need a writable directory to store the generated passwd.  My
> '/var/' directory is writable as it was set up by the startup script.
>         /var> passwd
>         Enter new Unix password: (type your password here. uClinux?)
>         Re-enter new Unix password:
> 3.  Now under '/var/', you should see the newly generated 'passwd'
> file.
> 4.  /var> cat passwd
>     passwd ab4yCc1tXmE/Y

I was just about to do this when DavidM gave me the hint about uClibc
0.9.11 not being quite compatible with glibc as I had heard before. But
I'll post the above passwd on my pages :)

Thanks for your help,

	Uwe