[uClibc]Password Blues Again...

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Oct 3 01:50:33 UTC 2002

Jivin Uwe Beutin lays it down ...
> Hello again,
>
> after I had been using the uC-libc (by mistake) for all my tests with
> uClinux-dist-20020701, I could safely and definitely log into my uCdimm
> with "root" and "uclinux".
>
> Now that I've built the kernel with uClibc, I have that password problem
> again. I have now tried different /etc/passwd files in my images:
>
> 	# vendors/Arcturus/uCdimm/passwd for uClibc:
> 	#
> 	passwd abXcDcF4rOTWs
>
> 	# vendors/Arcturus/uCdimm/passwd for uC-libc:
> 	#
> 	passwd abvQyXa0CDjIA
>
> I had once gathered that this should be correct and the first one
> definitely corresponds to the password that I crypt with glibc (I've
> confirmed that)

Actually,  that is not the case the 0.9.11 uClibc ni the 20020701 distro
was not glibc compatible.

> So, what may now still be wrong? I've looked at all the previous posts
> about this issue.

Get the latest uClinux-dist (20020927) which has uClibc 0.9.15 which fixes
the crypt issues and it also auto selects the password files on the
uCdimm/uCsimm depending on the library you are using.

Cheers,
Davidm