[uClibc]Compilation woes

Andrew Hall andrew at andy-hall.net
Wed Nov 27 16:29:25 UTC 2002

Hi Folks,
	I'm working on a project based around UCLinux running on a leon
sparc model on an FPGA. The UCLinux dist by default uses UC-libc but I
can't compile busybox using that, so I'm trying to compile uClibc 0.9.15
for my mmu-less sparc. Enough background - onto the problem.
I set up a config file with what looks like plausible settings, started
compiling and the make process bombs whilst compiling
/libc/inet/if_nametoindex.c. Error received is:
if_nametoindex.c: In function `if_nametoindex':
if_nametoindex.c:34: `SIOCGIFINDEX' undeclared (first use in this
function)
if_nametoindex.c:34: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
if_nametoindex.c:34: for each function it appears in.)

Does anyone recognise this error?  What does this function do and what is
SIOCGIFINDEX? Are there are programmers docs floating around somewhere
that I don't know about. Sorry if this is a total newbie question.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Andrew Hall

andrew at andy-hall.net