[uClibc]Non-static busybox crashes

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Nov 5 18:23:24 UTC 2002

On Tue Nov 05, 2002 at 10:38:17AM +0000, Simon Rowe wrote:
> Futher investigation by turning on LD_DEBUG on (with additional diagnostics)
> reveals the following
>
> ~ # LD_DEBUG=binding,move,symbols,reloc,detail /home2/srowe/public/busybox
>
> relocation processing: libname len = 19
> relocation processing: libname ptr 0x30006154
> relocation processing: /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
> relocation processing: /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0; finished
>

> relocation processing: libname len = 14
> relocation processing: libname ptr 0x300062f0
> relocation processing: /lib/libc.so.0
> relocation processing: /lib/libc.so.0; finished
>

> relocation processing: libname len = 0
> relocation processing: libname ptr 0x3000621c
> relocation processing: Segmentation fault

Interesting...

> I assume having an entry with a zero length library name is bogus, where do I
> now look? Running ldso/util/ldd on the binary works fine.

I recommend a close look at uClibc/ldso/ldso/powerpc/elfinterp.c
and you may want to adjust it to make the error handling code to
match that in the i386, arm, cris, and sh versions of
elfinterp.c.  That will allow you to get a much better view of
what is going on.  Also, FYI, I just checked in a large update to
the shared lib loader debugging code (and I moved the
configuration options into the new config system), so you will
want to work from the latest in CVS I expect.