[uClibc]Securetty problem causes 'Login incorrect'

Mr Pink eleclerc at cgocable.ca
Tue Nov 5 03:09:15 UTC 2002

Hello, I kind of found my problem with the :

'Login Incorrect'

But I did not resolve it
It wasn't originating from shadow or no shadow support but from the
securetty file.

I don't know what's wrong but when I delete the securetty file (imagine how
discouraged I was to try this...!!!)
I can login and everything works real great.

As soon as I have a securetty file empty or containing the following
tty1
tty2
tty3

I can't login.

it doesn't work either with or without shadow support and either with or
without using the USE_SYSTEM_PWD_GRP, or with any of these combinations...

It would be cool to be able to login using the securetty file so please keep
helping me :)

Thanks in advance,

Mr Pink :)