[uClibc]tinylogin vs uclibc problems

Danny Lepage danny.lepage at enter-net.com
Tue Nov 5 02:54:53 UTC 2002

From: "Mr Pink" <eleclerc at cgocable.ca>
To: <uclibc at uclibc.org>
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 8:47 PM
Subject: RE: [uClibc]tinylogin vs uclibc problems
> What I find really strange is that if I do have a password set and I enter
> the wrong one it says
>
> Login[19]:password incorrect for root on stdin

for root on stdin ?!?!

I this case, my guess is that /dev/stdin is not in /etc/securetty.

Are you using Leaf/Bering/LRP by any chance ? Have been having the same
problem with LRP. I removed the following lines from root.dev.mk and it
fixed it (saw the fix from Eric S. ?? on LRP mailing list):

[/var/lib/lrpkg/root.dev.mk, from root.lrp or initrd.lrp, depending on
version of LRP]

#ln -sf fd/0 stdin >null 2>&1
#ln -sf fd/1 stdout >null 2>&1
#ln -sf fd/2 stderr >null 2>&1

[End Snippets]

Somehow, uclibc and busybox/tinylogin "login" thinks that we are logging
from /dev/stdin instead of /dev/ttyXX when the above links exists.

Regards,

Danny