[uClibc]compile uclibc only with static gcc

adrien bilbaut bilbaut at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 13:50:26 UTC 2002

hi,

i'm trying to do the same thing as u and i have about the same problem when
i try to lauch a make file.
So i have tryed to build a static gcc with LFS method .I have the version :
2.95.3 .I have taken the script to build it but when i lauch the make file
it stops before the end.So i have g++ ,cpp and other stuff but not gcc.
after this i have try to build an hello world application on my chroot
system but when i lauch g++ there are errors like this :
stddef.h :no such file or directory.... and this file is  in my include/
folders.
I have the same probem when i lauch a makefile.....
So if u can help me to build correctly a static gcc, thanks.
I would like to do this to build like you uclibc itself and after build
microwindows and python with the uclibc-gcc.
I can't do it now because if I build uclibc in my root system, uclibc-gcc is
dependent of GNU lib.And after programs like Python are dependent of uclibc
lib and also GNU lib.

Regards,

adrien bilbaut