[uClibc]Problem linking with libpthread [FIXED???]

Jonathan Hankins jhankins at homewood.k12.al.us
Wed May 29 13:00:06 UTC 2002

Hey,

I built the uClibc-20020529.tar.bz2 snapshot, and I still get the
incorrect libpthread.so showing in the uclibc ldd output.  I verified
that the uClibc/ldso/util/ldd.c I compiled was revision 1.23 (per web
CVS page).

However, I was looking at the tests in test/pthread and I saw that they
are building with the '--uclibc-use-build-dir' argument to gcc in the
compile and link phase.  When I compile my test.c WITHOUT
'--uclibc-use-build-dir' I see the wrong libpthread.so in ldd's output.
However, when I compile my test.c WITH '--uclibc-use-build-dir', I get
the correct output from ldd.

I previously reported that 'make' in test/pthread left me with ex* that
showed the incorrect libpthread.so in ldd output.  However, in this
snapshot, the Makefile specified the '--uclibc-use-build-dir' argument
to gcc, and the ex* do indeed show the correct libpthread.so in ldd
output.  From the web CVS page, it doesn't look like
test/pthread/Makefile has changed recently, so I must have been mistaken
in my previous message.  Still, however, if '--uclibc-use-build-dir' is
NOT specified, ex* show the incorrect libpthread.so in ldd output.
Sorry for the misinformation!

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!

-Jonathan

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:46:06PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue May 21, 2002 at 01:13:37PM -0500, Jonathan Hankins wrote:
> > Once it is done, running uclibc ldd against the ex* binaries shows the
> > same problem -- linking against glibc libpthread.so (and consequently,
> > glibc's libc.so and ld-linux.so linker.)
>
> If it was really linking against glibc's libc.so it would not
> have run.  There was a bug in ldd that I just fixed.  Try again
> with the latest and greatest?
>
>  -Erik
>
> --
> Erik B. Andersen             http://codepoet-consulting.com/
> --This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--

Jonathan Hankins	Homewood City Schools

jhankins at homewood.k12.al.us