[uClibc]Using uClibc and busybox in mips arch.

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Tue May 7 12:02:03 UTC 2002

ljw wrote:

> I am trying to using busybox and uClibc in IDT32334 board(mips-based).
> I built the root filesystem with busybox-0.60.3 and uClibc (current cvs
> tree,
> configured as mipsel) and found following messages at boot-up(DL_DEBUG
> enabled in ldso)

[snip output]

> It should be running /sbin/init(which is busybox of course) now, but
> the system stoped here but serial console still can echo, so it seems
> system still have some activities. I am confused here why it would call
> pthread related functions. I don't see any pthread reference in busybox
> binary.
>
> Please give me some advice or hints. Thanks.

The dynamic linker is still not quite working for MIPS. The problem has
to do with the way that MIPS has to initialize the GOT for each loaded
object along with some fixes needed in '_dl_find_hash' for MIPS. I will
be working on these today. I know what the problem is, it's just fixing
it. Thanks.

-Steve