[uClibc]fdopen checking for append mode agreenment?

nop at nop.com nop at nop.com
Sat May 4 03:11:25 UTC 2002

[Just thought I'd get this in the list archives while it was still in
my head....]

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> I'm in the middle of something at the moment, but there are a couple of
> other cleanups to stdio I want to do this weekend.  I'll investigate
> this further tomorrow.

BTW, one thing I noticed recently is that glibc doesn't necessarily
use BUFSIZ when talking to files.  libio will stat() files and use
stat.st_blksize if available instead of BUFSIZ.  The idea is to avoid
too-small block sizes (leading to r/m/w) or overbuffering.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not.  On typical desktop boxes
st_blksize is usually 4k, which gives you double the number of system
calls as you'd think the 8k BUFSIZ would.  I have no idea how this
would affect all the wacky file systems on embedded boxes.

Jay