[uClibc]Re: Building a development environment

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 18 02:17:08 UTC 2002

Hi Brad,

I tried the same thing about 3 weeks ago, and plenty
of the LFS steps did fail.

One of the first difficulty met is the static linking
of bash, which will fail. You'll have to touch up
some def files in the builtins. This is to avoid to
have to compile glibc statically with it.

But the big problem with LFS+uclibc I think is the
validity of a true bootstrap gcc, which so far is
failing. libio is also failing.

Maybe I should try again with today's snapshot...
I was trying personnally to make a bootable cdrom
with uclibc only, and X11/tinyX. (BBC like)
Any one care to join the fun ?

Rgds,
Christian.