[uClibc]build-time link removal in include

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Mon Mar 4 06:13:36 UTC 2002

There's a new line in the headers: target in the top-level uClibc
makefile:

	@- find include -type l -exec rm -f {} \;

This screws up for me, because I use symlink-trees to create my uClibc
build directory (because, as far as I know, uClibc doesn't support
separate build/source directories), so obviously the above line is
going to go and simply remove _everything_ in include.

As far as I can see, it's not necessary, because all of the symlinks
are made using `link -fs', which should ensure that old symlinks are
written over, and `bits' (which used to be a symlink and is now a
directory) is removed explicitly using `rm -rf'.

So.... is there a reason it's necessary?  Can it simply be deleted?

[note that the clean target also does this, but this is less of a
problem because I don't use clean very often, and I can simply rebuild
the symlink-tree after doing so]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo