[uClibc]MIPS shared libs not working for lib loading

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jun 27 06:02:25 UTC 2002

On Wed Jun 26, 2002 at 09:09:11PM -0400, Beaulieu, James A. wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am working with the tip of the CVS tree for uClibc (6/26/02) little endian
> MIPS. Everything is working fine using the shared library routines for the
> system libraries. Unfortunenty, programs such as pppd and iptables that use
> the dlopen function call to load shared objects fail with a seg fault. It
> seems that the return value is a bogus address.
>
> The compiler is currently a mipsel gcc 3.1 compiler. I am looking into the
> routines now on why this is failing, but this is going to take a bit of time,
> as I am still learning my way around the code.
>
> Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Solutions are even better. :)

I recently obtained a mipsel box, and invested the time to get
it running the latest debian/testing.  So I actually now have a
uClibc test system for mipsel.  I just compiled up the latest and
greatest and sure enough -- just as you say dlopen is indeed
segfaulting.  I'll take a look and see if I can figure out the
problem.  Thanks!