[uClibc]execve segfaults

Ronald Wahl rwa at peppercon.com
Wed Jun 26 21:55:52 UTC 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:02:07 -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Wed Jun 26, 2002 at 05:21:05PM +0200, Ronald Wahl wrote:
>> On 26 Jun 2002 14:55:46 +0200, Ronald Wahl wrote:
>>
>> > The shell used to execute this is a busybox-0.60.3 (statically linked
>> > against uClibc-0.9.12). The 'date' command is symlinked to a
>> > busybox-0.60.3 that was dynamically linked against uClibc-0.9.12.
>>
>> I did some further tests where I used a bash instead of busybox as
>> shell for the tests. The result was the same. So I think busybox is not
>> involved into the problem.

> You mention you are using kernel 2.4.2....  That really is quite
> ancient at this point.  Is there any chance you could use
> something reasonably current, like 2.4.18 or 2.4.19-rc1 to verify
> if the problem is still present?

That's not possible without investing much time (which I don't have)
since we have made a bunch of changes so it runs on our hardware. Newer
kernels have changed much so that it is not easy to port our stuff to a
newer kernels. Do you have any hints how I could debug this in an
effective way? Maybe it is easier for me (as I can reproduce the
behavior) to find the bug. But for this I need some info where I should
look.

ron

--
\\      Dipl.-Inf. Ronald Wahl   |   Peppercon AG                  //
 \\\         rwa at peppercon.com  |||  http://www.peppercon.com/   ///