[uClibc]native os x cross compiling using uclibc

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Jun 24 17:59:07 UTC 2002

On Mon Jun 24, 2002 at 07:58:29AM -0700, Marshall M. Midden wrote:
> If someone is using os x to do development work, then one can not have -Wl,-s.
> *sigh*

Really?  Has apple so neutered gcc that it cannot take -Wl
to pass options to the linker?  Or do they use something
other than GNU ld?  I'd perfectly willing to let someone
send me an os X system to test with.  ;-)

> Since this is a program for running natively, why strip it?

Mostly just habit -- I always strip binaries which will be
installed.  Other then that, everything compiles ok?