[uClibc]Dynamic loading on PPC

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Mon Jun 10 18:58:38 UTC 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, David Schleef wrote:

> Are you using uClibc from CVS?  There a few known problems with
> building non-uClibc shared libraries with the release, since there
> was a stray R_PPC_REL24 reloc in crt0.o.  Uclibc's ld.so now
> enforces that shared libs have no improper relocations on ppc.
I used a snapshot tarball from yesterday (20020610).

> Otherwise, you can check that ld.so is really the problem by
> substituting glibc's ld.so.  If it is a problem, there's a
> #define somewhere to enable debugging output in ld.so.
ld.so is responsible for run-time loading as well as initial linking?
Normal loading works fine, but when Python or iptables try to load
plugins, it's all over.

I'll try dropping the glibc ld.so in place and see what happens.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_