[uClibc] Trying to find a small ssh and web browser

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Jun 4 06:36:39 UTC 2002

On Mon Jun 03, 2002 at 02:42:54PM -0700, Gene Cumm wrote:
> I'm looking to have a small SSH application and a web browser with uClibc
>
> I figured lsh might be a little smaller and tried it using 1.3.7 and 1.2.5 with
> the patch listed on the uClibc website.  Everything is fine until lsh wants
> gmp.h, the GNU multiple precision header file.  Anyone actually get this to
> work, preferably with 0.9.11 (which I am using) or should I just use
> OpenSSL/OpenSSH?

I've not tried lsh, but I know that Robert Schwebel has had
success with it.  Sounds like you will need to compile the gmp
library vs uClibc and install it as well.  Anyway, this is where
the patch lives:

    http://www.schwebel.de/software/uClibc/index_en.html

> Also, tried getting lynx and links to work with uClibc and both need curses,
> ncurses or slang.  Anyone have suggestions with regards to trying to keep
> things as small as possible?  I'm probably leaning towards using links because
> of how it looks unless someone else has other suggestions.

I've had pretty good results with links, even have a makefile I
put together for my little buildroot system, which should get you
going.  (There are also makefiles for both ncurses and slang in
the same place),

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tuxscreen/buildroot-tux/make/links.mk?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup