[uClibc]Re: Dynamic Linking uClibc.0.9.12 ?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Jul 27 18:05:17 UTC 2002

On Sat Jul 27, 2002 at 10:59:33AM +0530, Trilok wrote:
> Hi All,
>     First of all I want to ask you that Is it possible to use Dynamic Linking with uClibc.0.9.12?. I had tried static linking and it is working, sacrificing size of executable on target. Well, I had successfully created ARM Linux toolchain for CDB89712 using Roland Seuhs' page. You can also refer this page from my site http://www.tectonas.com -> Articles section.

Once you have your target toolchain built, just use it to compile
uClibc.  uClibc will build a wrapper ontop of your compiler that
will properly link things vs uClibc.  So after you run 'make
install' you can then use the wrapper toolchain to compile stuff
vs uClibc.  Another easy option is to build a native uClibc toolchain, see
the uClibc website for details on that.