[uClibc]installing libraries

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Tue Jul 23 20:48:36 UTC 2002

Hi,

I was able to get a toolchain to build with some minor difficulties.
It did not build without some intervention. I'm using gcc-3.1 for
mipsel-linux. I've compiled a simple test application and run ldd
on it.

    bebop:/tmp/uclibc_test> ldd uctst
	    libc.so.0 => /export/uclibc/lib/libc.so.0
	    /lib/ld.so.1 => /lib/ld.so.1

This brings up two questions. If I stuff libc.so.0 in /export/uclibc/lib
and try and run the program I get a message that says

   ... libc.so.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

So I put the file in /lib instead. I read in the busybox mailing list that
lib files need to go where ldd looks for them. Where is the correct place?

The second question has to do with ld.s0.1. I didn't get this file when
I built the toolchain. Did I do something wrong? It clearly doesn't like
the one from my cross compiler for glibc.

Where do my library files go and what is the full complement that I
should put there? (I know the last part of that is a bit tricky --
what applications will I be running and all that lot.)

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to
make it shorter. -- Blaise Pascal