[uClibc]reliable multicast

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Thu Jul 18 15:28:13 UTC 2002

I am not quite sure what functionality is required, but there is a
BOOTP-like multicast client written in C at

    http://mbootp.sourceforge.net/

I stole BOOTP client code from RedHat's pump package and simply added the
multicast transmit/receive code.

I did compile it against uClibc a couple months ago, but didn't test it
extensively.

There is its Java-based counterpart there too.

The client will broadcast requests to 225.0.0.1.   I think those multicast
packets are UDP ones essentially.

Ilguiz