[uClibc]Re: simple printf does not work........

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jul 18 15:15:22 UTC 2002

On Wed Jul 17, 2002 at 09:48:24AM +0600, Visakan Pirabusikamani wrote:
> Fine,
>
> Please enlighten me on the following points
> 1. arm-uclinux-gcc is used by the uclinux people to compile the appilacation,
> and the kernel is compiled with arm-elf-gcc. What is the different bet
> those two? ( there was a discussion in the mailing list but, How it affects
> the final binaries.)

arm-uclinux* is just a toolchain that is built slightly
differently from the arm-elf-* toolchains.  You can use
either one.

> 2. Some of the development platforms uses FLAT binaries. uClinux2.0x also
> support this binaries, When we create flat binaries the stripped elf is
> converted into flat and zipped. Does arm-elf-gcc has the ability to elf2flt
> conversion?

It does _if_ you build your own toolchains using the stuff I have
provided.  This is quite new, so no guartantees that it works
perfectly yet...

> 3. When we linked the object with the library  the kernel linker scrtipt
> arrange the binaries so that it Can execute it. my linker script is
> (basically from home.at/uclinux) supporting XIP and the kernel also.
> When I was using uC-libc(old one) I did not get rel.data but with the
> new ulibc I got it . does this cause the problem(hanging when I open)

Not certain.  Sounds like the linker script is not matched up
with your goal of doing XIP...