[uClibc]general question about uclibc-gcc-wrapper

Marc R. Wetzel mwse at gmx.de
Tue Jul 9 22:45:54 UTC 2002

Hi Eric,   --   Hi guys,

I' trying to use ucLibc to build some kind of embedded
system for my special need.

I can perfecly build and install uclibc on my system.
I can use uclibc , by using the gcc-wrapper for my application
by editing the makefiles just fine.

But:  if I try to use it to build app's like pppd it doesn't work.

I'm using suse 7.0, gcc-2.95 on a i686-linux system. I build and installed
uclibc as described in
the install-readme, the only thing I changed in the linked config was to
enable shadow passwords.
I also did the 'export PATH=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin:$PATH'
But: afaik the cc used in my compile-runs after that is not the wrapper but
the real
cc on my system. I found the wrapper cc in
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/usr/bin   and not in
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin, is this right?

What am I missing? If I edit makefiles after ./configure it works partly
(for ppp: I define CC = /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/usr/bin/cc => chat is
compiled, but pppd not (CFLAGS += -static))
but I like to use the complete wrapper way.

Any clues?

Greetings and hey: nice work.

/Marc