[uClibc]DOLFS problems

Nick Matthews nmatthews at itactics.com
Tue Jan 29 14:39:47 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 06:52, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Mon Jan 28, 2002 at 10:33:45AM -0500, Nick Matthews wrote:
> > I seem to have solved this problem by running first "make
> > uClibc_config.h" then editing the #undef line to
> > #define __UCLIBC_HAVE_LFS 1
> >
> > Then, make headers
> > then make, make install
> >
> > now it seems to compile things properly.
> >
> > any idea why the config file is munged up?
>
> Hmm.  Lets have you start from a clean current source tree
> and then make a symlink to the correct Config file, edit the
> file to taste, and then rebuild.  I'm guessing you have some
> stale stuff in your tree somewhere, and that is messing up
> your build...
>
>  -Erik

cleared away the other directory, untarred uClibc-0.9.8.tar.bz2
did the symlink ( ln -s extra/Configs/Config.i386 Config )

edited the file, the only thing I changed was DOLFS = true

ran make, then checked the uClibc_config.h file.
it still has #undef __UCLIBC_HAVE_LFS__

I'm running a 2.4.17 kernel (same source on the system as the kernel)
I track debian testing.

I'm really confused on this one...

logically, I agree that it should work. But it doesn't...