[TuxScreen-devel] Re: [uClibc]Problem with uClibc and shared libraries on ARM

Alex Holden alex at linuxhacker.org
Mon Jan 28 18:28:03 UTC 2002

Jordan Crouse wrote:

> I would reccommend switching the buildroot to download the latest stable
> version (uclibc-0.98.tar.gz IIRC), until the bleeding edge stabilizes.  This

> will at least resolve some of the problems that we have been seeing.

Cool, modifying the buildroot script to download the 0.9.8 tarball and
deleting the uClibc directory, then running the buildroot script
produced a working system!

I wonder why I got a bad result when I earlier tried going into the
uClibc directory and running "cvs update -dP -r uClibc_0_9_8", then did
a make clean and ran the buildroot script again? Stale libraries left
behind that didn't get reinstalled or something? Also, why does the
latest snapshot (from before today's breakage) produce working libraries
when built manually, but not when built using the buildroot script?

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer