[uClibc]Libraries on target machine...

Thomas Cameron tom at patcameron.ne.mediaone.net
Thu Jan 24 06:10:24 UTC 2002

Hello all,
    I ws compiling a new system today, and I noticed that my libraries
didn't copy correctly.  I looked in the `bootfloppy` directory from the
stable BusyBox branch snapshot, dated 2002/01/03, and tried to copy the
bits of `mkrootfs.sh` that bring the libraries to the target rootfs
image.  Unfortunately, this script appears to be out of date.  In fact,
it works less than my script did.
    This leads me to two questions.  The first question is, what
libraries need to be and/or should be present on a target system?  I am
using an x86 machine for the target, and am compiling in RPC, C_99 math,
etc.  My second question is this.  Are there any more up-to-date sources
for libraries and threir names/locations?  Obviously this is less of a
problem than it was over the past six months or so, where uClibc saw a
few re-organizations, but it is still a concern.
    Okay, I lied.  I just came up with a third question.  Under x86, how
well supported is the pthreads stuff?  I know that a few months ago
(before I took a step back from a few projects I was involved in),
support was being added but shouldn't have been expected to function.
Has the status changed?  Please forgive me if I missed an email, but I
had quite a bit to catch up on (It's easy to pass over one email in a
mountain of over 500).
    As usual, I thank you all for your ongoing efforts.  I look forward
to contributing something back to BusyBox/uClibc in the future.

Sincerely,
Thomas Cameron
Cameron Enterprises, Inc.