[uClibc]strtod buggy?

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Wed Jan 23 19:48:20 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:41:05PM +0100, Oliver Dawid wrote:
> hi there,
>
> while compiling tcl8.3.4, the configure script complains about that the
> strtod function is buggy.
>
> Solaris2.4/Tru64 strtod bugs... buggy
>
> at this point, the function is replaced by a fixstrtod function.
>
> is this a bug in the configure script or is strtod really buggy? if so,
> schouldn't it be fixed?

First, make sure you built uClibc with float support.
Next, take the test program you think is failing and build it in
isolation.  If that fails, repost with your results and I'll look
into it.

Note: uClibc's strtod currently doesn't convert NaNs and Infs, although
that shouldn't cause the test program you posted to fail.  In fact, it
works fine on i386.

Manuel