[uClibc]Booting Troubles...

Thomas Cameron tom at patcameron.ne.mediaone.net
Thu Jan 17 04:32:34 UTC 2002

Hello all,
    I appologise to those of you that are subscribed to both email
lists, but this question really applies to both topics.  I have recently
compiled the 2.4.17 Linux kernel, BusyBox, DevFSd, and some other misc.
networking utilities.  I used the unstable version of uClibc from CVS,
the unstable release of BusyBox, and the patched version of DevFSd
(patch from uClibc mailing list) to work under uClibc.
    I compiled uClibc with RPC support, so that I could compile DevFSd
against it, and compiled BusyBox with support for DevFSd.  When the
machine boots up (i386 architecture), the Kernel loads and prints all of
its usual messages (PnP, IDE Devices, IP Stack, etc.), then loads DevFSd
(I have it set to load on boot).  Once it prints the "Loading Devfsd"
line, the system stops.  It does not hang, as you can press keys and see
them display on the terminal.  No further activity, however.
    Does anybody know if there are compatibility issues with RPC and the
other items needed to compile DevFSd vs. uClibc?  Has anybody had
success compiling DevFSd vs. uClibc with the patch?  If so, I'd love to
hear about it.  Thanks in advance!

Thomas Cameron
Cameron Enterprises, Inc.