[uClibc]about latest cvs linking changes

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Jan 16 06:44:21 UTC 2002

On Tue Jan 15, 2002 at 10:00:25AM +0100, Giulio Orsero wrote:
> I've just tried recompiling without any Config modification (just linked
> Config.i386 to Config and go) and the problem persists.
> I redownloaded the entire cvs to be sure not to have a local cvs problem,
> and the 2 cvs dirs (old and new) are identical.

Ok, I just found the problem.  The version of binutils I was
using when I made the change was doing a good job at reading my
mind, and guessing that I wanted libc dynamically linked.  Your
version was not reading my mind very well at all (perhaps due to
the great distance ;-).

To fix it, I added -Bdynamic to the link line to tell ld that I
really want libc linked dynamically.  This avoids the need for a
psychic version of ld (most versions seem to be missing that
feature)....

I just tried it using the tuxscreen buildroot, which now does the
right thing.  Care to try and see if its now fixed for you?