[uClibc]ldconfig

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Mon Jan 7 11:38:55 UTC 2002

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Erik Andersen wrote:
> Agreed.  I really need to update the bootfloppy stuff to use buildroot
> instead.  I think I have a version around here that actually does
> that...  somewhere...

I've just seen that Dave has added Debian package support for uClibc some
time ago. Did anybody try to make a minimal distribution out of uClibc,
busybox and friends based on .deb? I've searched the net but didn't find
much. Emdebian seems to try something like that, but the web page looks
terribly unsupported.

The current CVS version of the debian directory doesn't seem to work
anyway:

----------8<----------
# dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -b -ai386
[...]
dh_clean
 debian/rules build DEB_BUILD_ARCH=i686-linux DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM= DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE= DEB_HOST_ARCH=i386
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=i386 DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=i386-linux
dh_testdir
# Add here commands to compile the package.
cp extra/Configs/Config.i386 Config
cp: cannot create regular file `Config': Permission denied
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1
---------->8----------

This seems to be due to the fact that the Config files are read only in
the repository, so if you have copied it once then $UCLIBC/Config is read
only as well. If I remove it maually the 'make clean' stage of uClibc
detects that there is no Config file and claims.

Changing write permission by hand lets me proceed further, but
unfortunately the kernel headers are in the wrong place - perhaps I
shouldn't try to make debian packages on a SuSE system :-)

However, the package looks like being for a development host. I would be
strongly interested in contact to people trying to use it for target
systems (like mini distros, routers, embedded distribs etc.).

Robert
 | Dipl.-Ing. Robert Schwebel | http://www.pengutronix.de |
 | Pengutronix - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry |
 |   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany   |
 |    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4    |