[uClibc]Re: LFS on v850

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Tue Feb 26 04:40:12 UTC 2002

I wrote:
> So it looks like it's a much more general problem than just the v850,
> but on the other affected architectures, will only result in mysterious
> runtime failures.

Hi Erik, do you have any comment on this?

I'd say that since the existing generic implementations of
truncate64/ftruncate64 in sysdeps/linux/syscalls.c don't [appear to]
work on the majority of supported architectures, why not just get rid of
them, and make it an architecture-specific thing like vfork?

It seems like the simplest thing to do.

[Or, just use the generic implementations only when sizeof(long)==64,
though I'm not sure if it's easy to test that in the preprocessor...]

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?