[uClibc]pread/pwrite #if 0 ?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Feb 26 02:51:12 UTC 2002

On Mon Feb 25, 2002 at 06:29:15PM -0800, Geoffrey Espin wrote:

> Why are pread&pwrite #if'd out in libc/sysdeps/linux/common/syscalls.c?
>
> Are these obscure system calls and so this is just a space saving?

I stubbed them out when adding in pthreads, but since I'd not
seen anyone using them I just left them off figuring that if
someone wanted them, I'd hear someone complain.  Seems someone
has now complained, so I guess I'll turn them on.  I've not
bothered to add in a pread64/pwrite64 interface yet, so if it is
using the large file versions of these functions, then adding
those may be necessary as well.