[uClibc]Problems on powerpc with shared libs and odd argument count

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Sun Feb 24 23:16:58 UTC 2002

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 02:29:03PM +0100, Andreas Liebe wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to convert a tiny PPC855 system from glibc to uclibc, but
> I'm having problem with dynamically linked programmes. They all fail
> with memory fault/segv when invoked with an even number of arguments
> (means argc is odd). So "prog" fails, "prog 1" works, "prog 1 2"
> fails, "prog 1 2 3" works, and so on. If I link them statically everything
> works great.

Could you also try with different sizes of arguments?  I remember
something similar being a problem in the past, but on other
processors.  For example, try 'prog a', 'prog aa', 'prog aaa',
up to about 16 a's.

> Maybe it's a similar problem as with glibc, as the PPC8xx processors
> only have 16 byte cache-line size?

This shouldn't be a problem, since uClibc's ld.so assumes a cache
line of no larger that 4 bytes.  (I think)

Could you send me the core file, and the binary and library that
produced it?

dave...