[uClibc]__assert_fail missing?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Feb 18 05:20:17 UTC 2002

On Sun Feb 17, 2002 at 10:49:59PM -0600, Alberto Alonso wrote:
> When trying to compile a program that uses the
> microwindows library I get the following error:
>
> nxproto.o(.text+0x13f): undefined reference to `__assert_fail'
> nxproto.o(.text+0x169): undefined reference to `__assert_fail'
>
> After doing some grepping I did see an assert function
> Could I use that one instead?

I think you must be mixing code compiled with glibc with code
compiled with uClibc, since glibc defines __assert_fail in
include/assert.h and #defines assert to call that, while uClibc
does not use or define __assert_fail at all...  Check that you
are not mixing libraries compiled with glibc with code compiled
with uClibc....