[uClibc]uClibc/mipsel

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Feb 15 23:00:37 UTC 2002

On Fri Feb 15, 2002 at 01:38:55PM -0800, David Schleef wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:38:48PM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > On Thu Feb 14, 2002 at 07:30:22PM -0800, Geoffrey Espin wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm foolishly trying to get uClibc working on for mipsel.
> > > I'm using kernel 2.4.17 (+ sf.net mips-linux).
> > >
> > > Using the latest CVS and simply dumping
> > >     uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/mipsel
> > > for
> > >     uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/mips
> >
> > Hmm. I already did that...
>
> What needs to be done to compile on a mipsel machine?  I wasn't
> sure if I should list it in the Debian architectures, and if it
> would compile or not.

Tim Riker has a Cobalt/mips box running Debian woody:
    $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    cpu                     : MIPS
    cpu model               : Nevada V10.0
    system type             : Cobalt Microserver 27
    BogoMIPS                : 249.85
    byteorder               : little endian

and he let me use that to get mips up and running.  Using stock
CVS uClibc code with the default Config.mips (adjusted to point
to some kernel headers) it compiles up just fine on Tim's mips
box and it seems to work (modulo arch specific bugs as noted
earlier in the thread),