[uClibc]linker errors!

powell molleti powelllinux at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 12:15:51 UTC 2002

Hi,

--- Adam Gapiñski <adas at mkt.pl> wrote:
> Dnia Pon 11. Luty 2002 11:24, powell molleti
> napisa³:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  So far i have been able to compile only busybox
> >  successfully with uclibc :). When i run ldd on it
> ,
> > it
> >  does give me:
> >
> >  #ldd ./busybox
> >         libc.so.0 =>
> > /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libc.so.0
> >         /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
> =>
> > /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
> >
> >  But i m not able to compile any other package
> with
> >  uclibc. I tried tinylogin snapshot from
> uclibc.org
> > and
> >  it broke as follows:
> >
> >  login.o: In function `login_main':
> > login.o(.text+0x447): undefined reference to
> > `getspnam'
> > login.o(.text+0x756): undefined reference to
> > `endspent'
> > passwd.o: In function `passwd_main':
> >
> Maybe You tried to compile BB with shadow passwords
> and uclibc are without this feature ???

humm i did not get what you meant but after
setting USE_SYSTEM_SHADOW=false in the Makefile of
tinylogin it compiled happily.
I have compiled uclibc with HAS_SHADOW=true.

But i m still not able to compile bash though and
lot of other packages too.

Anyone on that linker error for the bash package?

thanks
cya
powell.