[uClibc]OpenSSL problems on arm-uclibc

Shane Nay shane at minirl.com
Fri Feb 8 11:35:50 UTC 2002

This bug appears to be related to your compiler and not uClibc.  I
have in fact compiled various versions of OpenSSL with arm-uclibc and
it's worked fine.  (Compiled fine and worked fine after doing so)

The compiler that I use is gcc 2.95.2.  You may want to think about
trying to lower the optimization level before flushing your toolchain
though.  Like say..., compile that file by hand with no -O3 flag and
see what happens.  I think I used -O2 on openssl last time and that
worked file.

If lower the optimization level doesn't work, go backwards on the
openssl version, I've used 0.9.3 for sure, and a more recent one,
either 0.9.6b or a.  If that doesn't work..., then compile up a new
compiler, it's not that difficult.

Thanks,
Shane Nay.

On Thursday 07 February 2002 20:58, ken restivo wrote:
> I am trying to crosscompile openssl-0.9.6c for an arm-uclibc
> system.

> I put the openssl stuff in my buildroot-tux directory.  I manually
> edited the config file to include the results of the various uname
> incantations from my TuxScreen.

> Then I did a ./config --prefix=`pwd`/../root no-threads shared
> no-asm

> Then:
> make CC=arm-uclibc-gcc LD=arm-uclibc-ld AS=arm-uclibc-as
>
> All goes well, until I get the following:
>
> arm-uclibc-gcc -I.. -I../../include -fPIC -DDSO_DLFCN
> -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DNO_ASM -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3
> -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall   -c -o pem_lib.o pem_lib.c
 pem_lib.c: