[uClibc]uclibc/gcc wrapper missing /usr/include??

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Dec 31 01:52:10 UTC 2002

On Mon Dec 30, 2002 at 05:32:09PM -0800, mike-uclibc at tiedyenetworks.com wrote:
> [mike at files pluto]$ cc  -I.. -I../klips/net/ipsec -I../lib  -DPLUTO
> -DKLIPS -DDEBUG -DGCC_LINT  -DSHARED_SECRETS_FILE=\"/etc/ipsec.secrets\"
> -g -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast
> -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-declarations -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes  -c
> connections.c
> In file included from connections.c:33:
> defs.h:102:17: gmp.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from connections.c:38:
> state.h:22:41: gmp.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from keys.h:1,
>                  from connections.c:44:
> preshared.h:17:41: gmp.h: No such file or directory

You are absolutely correct.  It most certainly is _not_
adding include files from /usr/include.  It has its own
set of libraries and include files.

You seem to want to use the GNU MP library with uClibc.
That should be fine.  Just recompile libgmp against
uClibc and install it into your uClibc development area
so you will have /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/include/gmp.h
and /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libgmp.so and of course
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libgmp.so.3.2.1 installed and
compiled vs uClibc.  This is critically important, since
your system libgmp is compiled vs glibc...

Be sure to also compile any other libraries used by your
application vs uClibc.  I really should add this to the
uClibc FAQ.