[uClibc]problems building openssh with uClibc.

Terje Kvernes terjekv at math.uio.no
Sat Dec 28 03:25:10 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> writes:

> On Sat Dec 28, 2002 at 12:58:37AM +0100, Terje Kvernes wrote:
>
> > according to google the snprintf issue comes from using the wrong
> > libz and openssh having nsl issues.  sadly enough, I've been
> > unable to realize what I should do to fix this situation.  any
> > advice is gratefully considered.  :-)
>
> Build openssl and zlib so they are both linked vs uClibc and then
> install them into your uClibc development area.

  well, that's what I've been trying to do.  I guess I need some more
  practice on setting up a proper development area.  :-/

> I do this all correctly with buildroot (available from the uClibc
> cvs server).

  heh.  buildroot couldn't find the kernel bz2-image it was looking
  for, and after I put the bz2-image into the dl-directory manually,
  the following happened:

touch /tmp/cvs/buildroot/build/linux-2.4.20/.dist
Aborting.  '/tmp/cvs/buildroot/sources/kernel-patches' is not a directory.
make: *** [/tmp/cvs/buildroot/build/linux-2.4.20/.dist] Error 1

  oh well.  the joys of CVS I guess.  :-)

> Another option, since you are building for i386, you can grab the
> pre-built uClibc ext2 filesystem from the uClibc download area and
> grab things from that (or build things within it) and things should
> work just fine for you,

  whoa!  I just downloaded root_fs_0.9.16 (at 3K / second, could we
  help you with a mirror?) and that was impressive!  a full
  environment of everything I could want and then some.  it'll be
  easier for me to just copy out what I want from there, and build
  stuff inside that system.  amazing work!  thank you!

  and if I ever should want to build anything, building it inside that
  environment is a piece of cake.  I just tested a bit with udhcp and,
  well, whoa.  thanks again!

--
Terje