[uClibc]compiling grub?

Simon Davis sd1324 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 08:36:53 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to compile grub (gnu bootloader) using uclibc.

I downloaded the source and set the CC environment variable to i386-uclibc-gcc and passed the
--with-binutils=<path to uclibc bin> to the configure script.

The output from configure is included below.  If anyone can point out what I'm doing wrong I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks

SD

 <--- start script output -->

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc
checking for gcc... (cached) /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc... gcc
checking dependency style of /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for ranlib... :
checking whether optimization for size works... yes
checking whether -Wundef works... yes
checking for objcopy... no
checking if C symbols get an underscore after compilation... no
checking whether  works for absolute addresses... configure: error:  cannot create binary files

<--- end script output --->