[uClibc]menuconfig is flaky on gnome-terminal

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Dec 13 04:50:53 UTC 2002

On Fri Dec 13, 2002 at 01:38:33PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> The menuconfig stuff seems to have been changed to not fork a process
> to redisplay the menu; this is good because it's much faster/slicker,

Yup.  :-)

> but it causes lots of display problems if you're using a gnome-terminal
> to display the menu (it works much better on a real xterm).
> The basic prob seems to be that old text doesn't get erased, when a new
> menu is drawn.  E.g., if you do `make menuconfig', and then enter the

Hmmm.  I use aterm (an rxvt derivitive) and it works just fine
for me, so I think this may best be a bug report for the gnome
folk.  I _could_ make menuconfig redraw the whole screen all the
time, but I like the fact the it doesn't redraw so much, since it
makes it much faster when changing the config over the network.
So I'd rather not do that to work around a gnome-terminal bug.