[uClibc]uclibc for 2.95 VS 3.2.1

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Dec 5 23:50:59 UTC 2002

Jivin Erik Andersen lays it down ...
> On Thu Dec 05, 2002 at 03:52:02PM -0500, Floyd Brown wrote:
> > Is there a way to build 2.95 gcc with uclibc to use the same c++
> > libraries that 3.2.1 gcc/uclibc uses? STLport (gcc 2.95/uclibc) seems to
> > have a problem that 3.2.1 does not exhibit.
>
> I invite you to create such a way.  Thus far, libstdc++ from
> gcc-2.95 has eluded all my attempts at making it compile vs
> uClibc.  It probably isn't that hard, but it will take some
> effort to make it work,

And I thought you had all that working and I was doing something very
stupid when trying to build some new m68k-elf tools :-) :-)

uClibc used to build libstdc++ for 2.95.3,  the snapshot included with the
current m68k-elf-tools off uClinux.org did this.  However, it is very out of
date compared to the current uClibc versions.

All my recent attempts with the latest uClibc have failed,  some of the
problems are easy to fix, some are not,  especially for targets like arm-elf
and m68k-elf.  Which reminds me,  I must be due to give it another go ;-)

Cheers,
Davidm